Thursday, April 3, 2008

Our New Blog

I decided to start a blog dedicated to our home school happenings. We've been sick for a couple weeks now which took us out of our normal way of things. But we're getting back in the jist of things. Here's a look -

We just started having Tyra read to Cedric (and Camilla) while I help Ethan with his reading. It's a good thing for everyone - Tyra reads, Cedric loves to be read to, and it keeps them busy to let Ethan and I work together on his reading.





Tyra and Ethans reading lessons















We enjoy playing games together. This is a photo of John and the kids playing Trouble. Other games we like to play are: Life, Zingo, math card games, Uno, Mensch Argere Disch Nicht, Cagola, and the classic - Candyland.








We've had a lot of time to read while we've been sick. Bridge to Terabithia and The Moffats along with a handful of Junie B books were ones we read during our two week flu epidemic. Bridge to Terabithia was probably my favorite one, although I would recommend scribbling out the innapropriate words before handing the book over to a child to read. Something about taking away a persons only good thing in life is absolutely heart wrenching to me.

More homeschooling adventures to come...

2 comments:

Sonja said...

C~
I love your new blog! I like the green color and especially the name. I hope you guys are feeling better soon. I look forward to reading about your adventures in learning. :)

Kristi said...

Hi Claudia! I grew up a few doors down from Johnny and fam in West Valley. I found your blog through Julianne's and have had fun reading through it. I am hoping to homeschool my kids as well and it is always nice to find ideas and see how successful people are. Thanks!
Kristi Bassett (Genessy)